Sorry i ended that post quickly due to the fact that my taxi was waiting.
Well after the Dead Sea float-party we went to David's Waterfall. This is the place where David hid out from King Saul when Saul was trying to kill David off. It was so pretty. I also loved the fact that on the hike up it was complete desert but then all the sudden rocks started leaking water and it felt soooo good on our hot feet. Just wait til you see the pictures they're gorgous. Look them up online if you wish.
After David's waterfall we went to the caves where they found the Dead Sea Scrolls. My professor Bro. Sealy actually worked on the scrolls so he was "REALLY" excited to tell us all about them. (he says REALLy in the funniest voice and he says it all the time so thats an inside joke that only I will understand sad day cuz its funny)
After the field trip i came back to the center did some good emailing and went to bed.
Today's field trip was even better, my favorite field trips to the city yet. We went to the Temple mount today with Bro. Huntington (he's the session director) and it was amazing. We really are in Christ's city now. We stood where Christ stood and talked about the ruins we were looking at and how they would've looked back in their prime. My favorite thing was the steps of King Herod's temple. They're in the back of the bible in the photographs section go look it up...i took that same picture except in mine i'm sitting on them. COOL BEANS!
After the Temple Mount we were set loose with a day full of free time to get stuff done before Galilee. It was great I got everything done that I planned to get done and thus I felt accomplished.
I'm so excited for Galilee. I checked Jesus the Christ out from the library here and plan on reading some during my stay at Galilee. I'm just excited to have some down time to ponder on everything i've done here. The teachers all say that we won't really understand everything we've done here til we get home and can reflect on it all. How true that is b/c here we're running from one place to the next to the next 24/7. We have so much to do and so little time to do it so thus its all crammed but i'm glad i'm doing this..i just can't wait for when i step off the plane in Utah and realize that my time is my own. but until that moment i'm going to keep going strong!
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I look forward to seeing the pictures... Enjoy Galilee, I have heard that area is the most beautiful area in Israel....
Love,
Mom
Hey Savanna my name is Mandi Mendenhall, I went to Bingham but I doubt you remember me, anyway we have a lot of mutual friends and I saw that you posted a Jerusalem note so I couldn't help but comment. I was there winter semester and Galilee was definitely my favorite place. It is amazing. Anyway I hope it is just as incredible an experience for you as it was for me! I still miss it every day.
We can't wait to see the pictures,
Post a Comment