Friday, July 25, 2008

july 25

The lockdown has been lifted(but its too late to go out tonight but that means tomorrow i can totally go to the Garden Tomb yeah!)WOOT WOOT!!!
tonight was fun 20 of us got to go to a synagogue with our jewish teacher. It was totally different then anything i expected. There was nothing on the walls and the benches were just folding chairs but the building was so beautiful. The whole meeting was singing from the prayer book. I'm so glad that I went I was debating not going since I had spent the whole day studying for the last midterm and I wasn't feeling good. I guess Jordan highjacked my GI tract...it wasn't pretty but I came out victorious! So after that long stressful day I didn't really know if I wanted to go to another meeting but I thought Heck when else am I going to be able to go to Synagogue in Jerusalem. I'm glad I went.
The people were so friendly. The Rabbi who taught a little lesson in the middle of the meeting made a joke about having Mormons in the congregation. It was funny. They were all willing to help us and teach us how to behave so we didn't look like foolish mormons.
My favorite thing about the Holy Land is how eveyone knows the Mormons and respects us. Yesterday in Bethlehem one of my shopping buddies wanted to buy a Nativity Set but it was too much she asked if she could write a person check. The shopkeeper asked if she was a Mormon. Since she was he took her person check. That's a testimony to me. He told us he only takes checks from Mormons because they always honest. I'm impressed with the impression everyone has of Mormons here and I'm glad to carry on the tradition of leaving a good example. Someday when the church can proselyte the people here will be ready to listen. They're already curious because its forbidden to them. The ground work is being placed. ;)