Today was Shabbat and it was a good one. I think every Shabbat here is good. Anyways I realized today something pretty amazing. When I got here I'm not going to lie I was a bit disappointed. I expected that all the sites would blow me away with the Spirit but I went there and I felt nothing powerful or holy about them. They were cool but nothing more. Well then today at church as we sang the hymn "Upon the Hill of Calvary" (#184)and I remembered how the other day I was walking on the road where Christ carried his cross up to the Hill. Thats when I felt the spirit. The places we go and visit are cool but really thats all they are. It's a great thing to go and see them and to really make connections with places and the scriptures but they themselves are not spiritual. People call this the Holy Land and yes at one time it was holy but now there is nothing holy about it now. Its made me realize that the holiest places on this Earth are temples and homes of righteous people. I'm glad that I have both close by(as soon as I get back to Utah).
Savvy;)
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow, you're SO lucky you get to go to Jerusalem AND Egypt! The picture of you kissing the sphinx was awesome! Hopefully he was a good kisser. :)
Luv, Heather
Post a Comment