Today was more fun then I thought it would be. We had a field trip but it didn't sound like it was going to be a fun one to be perfectly honest. It wasn't anything monumental but now I think differently.
We started off visiting the City of David view it was amazing. I now understand how easy it was for David to see certain people on their roofs. The structure of the city amazes me as well. The houses cling to any space on the mount they can find and then they start to build on each other. Its beautiful but I would feel highly over crowded if I had to live there. I like having a lawn enough that I don't think I'll hate the chore of keeping it tidy now.
Next we went to Hezekiah's Tunnel. This was so much fun. I had never heard of this before but now I understand it enough to feel confident explaining it. I must say though I got nervous. Yesterday in class our teacher told us that if we get claustraphobic to tell him and go through another tunnel. I discovered a couple field trips ago that I get claustraphobic. But I really didn't want to miss out on this. The tunnel was a BLAST! It was like a slot canyon with water and a roof. It was a blast. Anything that gets us wet is good fun here in the middle east. After that we hiked Mount Zion, which is basically just a very big hill, ate lunch, saw the Broad Wall then did some good shopping in the Old City.
My group and I decided to do some site seeing in the Old City so we went back to the Western Wall to take pictures this time, and then up to the Dome on the Rock. It was a lot of fun. The people here really make the experiences and memories. I'm grateful that I've made so many friends.
Pictures:
me at Dome of the Rock
Chelsey and Me in Hezekiah's Tunnel
3 comments:
Savanna!!! I just read through your entire blog and your trip sounds amazing!!! I'm glad that you're having the time of your life and getting to experience all these wonderful things and see all the sights that we've read about in text books for ages. I love the picture of you with the camel and especially the one of you kissing the sphinx. I'd have to say it was definitely worth looking silly kissing the air because that picture is awesome! The camel story is pretty crazy. I'd be quite unnerved if I were that poor girl, I'm glad everything was ok though. I was laughing though over the fact that your guide promised to give you whiskey if you would be his wife. Ha ha! Now that is an offer difficult to refuse :)
Well, keep having fun and good luck on your tests. Love you!
What a great experience. It makes me want to go. But alass I am just a poor old teacher. Those kinds of trips are for the young and the brave and the adventurious.
Savanna, now I have this picture of you singing and dancing YMCA in front of the Dome of the Rock. Priceless.
Post a Comment