So I am certaingly having amazing adventures right now. I got to the airport at my time which was 8am. We were the last group to leave SLC and we got to sleep in an extra 3 hours so we were excited about that! Well we got on the plane and were all settled in when the pilot got on the air and informed us that the plane was broke and it would get the part in an hour and have it fixed in a half-hour. So we got off the plane and sat around the airport for a couple more hours. Instead of leaving the SLC at 10:00 we left at 1:30. We arrived in Chicago only to miss our plane to Vienna by about 15-20 minutes. So we then ran around the airport trying to find another flight for about two hours then we finally got smart and asked to talk to someone in charge of the airlines and after another 3 hours we ended up with a hotel room, food vouchers and flight plans for tomorrow.
My flight plan is as follows....We all will leave the hotel tomorrow morning at 10:45 to go get our bags from the airlines and put them on the other flights. 14 out of the 20 of us (i'm in this group) we will leave the airport at 3:45 and fly to Frankfurt, Germany. We will have a 16 hour delay in Frankfurt so we're all excited to get some sight seeing in. There are two more groups left in Chicago. They will leave the airport at 10:30 at night and will go to London then Frankfurt for a couple hours. We will all then be leaving to Tel-Viv later that day.
What a day eh? ;)
Pictures are:
1. Me and Nathanel waiting for our hotel shuttle
2. Me with my "essientials kit"( everything that happened today was totally straight from Brian Regan's airplanes skit..EVERYTHING)
3. doing some yoga inbetween flights
4 comments:
Nice. Sorry you have to wait so long for your planes! But at least this way you get to go to exotic places like Germany! Do you think you could have gone there otherwise? Lucky!! I love you and have fun!!!
Let the adventure begin....I'm glad that you were with a group of 20 students...that must have made the delay more exciting...Enjoy Germany...an added bonus to your trip..Love ya!
Wow that is exciting. I'm soo glad to hear from you. Keep the blogs going! I love you.
Hey! I hope your having a blast! by thhe way, Nathaniel was in my freshman ward. Small world, no?
Post a Comment