Wednesday, June 25, 2008

AMAZING ADVENTURES cont.

So now that I'm fully rested I can give you a bit more information.

Its amazing how yesterday morning I showed up at the airport not knowing anyone or what to expect. Today I feel like its been forever since yesterday morning. I now have 20 friends that are very close already. I mean we felt comfortable enough to squeeze all 20 of us and our carry-on luggage in a 15 passanger van for a 15 minute drive ;). We just laughed and talked the whole drive like we really had been friends forever. The people are amazing. The BYU Center chose one person to be the team leader of the group and she was amazing. She didn't ask for this job or any of the stress that came with it but Kathrine(the team leader) and Chase (a great guy who jumped into the stress with Kathrine) took care of us. They went and figured out exactly how to fly 20 college students to Isreal and they got us the hotel and the food vouchers from the airlines. It took them about 2 or so hours of standing at the desk talking to the compnay people to figure all this out for us. I know I couldn't have done it. I didn't even know what to do I'd have sat at the airport for 7 weeks if i was by myself. I am so grateful for all the people here with me. We really have bonded ;) and I can't wait til I get to meet the other 60 people who are in Isreal right now...waiting for us!

5 comments:

Marie said...

Lucky!

jheywood said...

You're off to a great start! Have fun! Aunt Jana

Cecily Jane said...

Savvy, you missed the girl who choked in the cafeteria this morning on a bagel and passed out! She's fine; we called the paramedics and they saved her life. But you should have seen the dining area with a thousand missionaries silently staring at her. It was, as Brandi put it, eerie. Anyway, I'm sure that Jerusalem will be a lot more exciting.

shereesa said...

Don't get sunburned!!

trisa said...

I am excited to hear about your adventures. What an experience!
Trisa